
Though in the summer this is my favorite place to sit with a good book, I think I will pass!

Anna took a few pictures of the house and yard
I saved the best picture for last as this is Audrey's masterpiece! She made it "Just her size"!
Isn't it funny how children love snow? It isn't that I don't enjoy it myself, in fact I rather love looking out the window at the large flakes floating down as I sip my hot chocolate in front of the fire! The part I don't look forward to is the extra mess and laundry that come with little ones wanting to play outside, or the slippery roads I must drive on to get them to and from school. On the brightside of things, it is a good workout for the "flabby arms" with all the shoveling of snow off the driveway and sidewalk! Of course, when I was young I never thought about those things! In fact, I am sure we did lots of praying that God would allow it to snow - probably with a motive of not having to go to school. Although Greenville didn't get much snow, we all loved to play in it: making snowmen, snow-angels, and sledding down "tiger hill"! Of course, Ohio does receive a little more snow....for a lot longer duration....and with a lot colder temperatures!
However, as I was putting this post together, God brought to my mind the verse in Isaiah 1:18, "though your sins are as scarlet they will be as white as snow." Instead of focusing on the inconveniences that snow brings, I need to allow it to remind me that because Jesus bore my sins on the cross, I can be clothed in His righteousness before God. It is beautiful to look at the fields covered in the white snow, again reminding of us of His cleansing and purity. (Of course, that is before the dogs have made their rounds!) God does all things well, and instead of complaining about the cold and snow, I should be thanking Him for His mercy He has extended to me! Again I am reminded to give thanks in all things - even the cold and snow! This too is only for a season!


Your blog looks great! I like the changes! I especially love Anna's picture! It is perfect! Good post too.
ReplyDelete