Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Creation Museum


Audrey requested we take a trip to the Creation Museum for her birthday.  We got a little later start than we had planned, so we were unable to have a leisurely walk through the museum, but it was still a beautiful day!





They are looking at the many fish and turtles....



Ben making a "fossil" sketch with crayons









Answering quiz questions about the Flood....







We were able to see a planetarium show, and a couple of Audrey's favorite video presentations.  Ben, Abigail, and Audrey went to a "Snakes Alive!" presentation.


from the  "Snakes Alive" presentation.......



We didn't have long to walk around the grounds, but we managed to get a few pictures and visit the petting zoo.  The many bridges, pathways, and waterfalls add to the beautiful landscaping.  






Enjoying some of God's animals in the petting zoo......






Amazing how "haughty" camels come across in their personality...




Although I can't quite capture it in a picture, this guy had a real "attitude"!  


This one acted like she was "queen" of the stall.....


Washing hands after touching....and in Abigail's case...getting nipped by the wallaby!
(Wish I had a picture of that one!)



There are a couple of "swinging bridges" along the pathway.........it sure brought back memories of camping trips years ago.........they would always be strategically placed - way up high, over some sort of water!  Why do hiking trails always have to have these???  These were not too bad though as they are lower to the ground....still hard to walk on though when kids like to bounce along and swing side to side!





As you can see, they were chaining off everything as we were still making our way out after closing time.



On the way home, Burlin wanted to add to our adventures by taking us out to eat at a unique restaurant....(he ate at one while on a business trip, and thought the kids would love it!)



Audrey was a bit uneasy about eating at a "new" place, but she started to relax and have fun.  

If you can't tell by the picture, the door handle is a gasoline pump!




Racing cars were a big theme with the decor......


Ben playing a race car game while waiting on our table.......





cute menu........













The food was excellent, and it was an interesting place to visit for sure!  We were hoping to stop by the Bass Pro Shop on the way home as well, but as the hour was late, we didn't.  I think Audrey enjoyed her "pre-birthday" celebration!  


4 comments:

  1. It looks like y'all had a great time at the Creation Museum? Do you have a season's pass?

    I didn't realize they had such beautiful grounds and a petting zoo too. I absolutely LOVED the camels!!!! What faces you captured! It looks like they really have quite a personality!!!

    I loved the new restaurant Bur took you all too! It looks like a LOT of fun!!!! i'm sure Audrey must have had a special day! Tell her I said Happy Birthday!@!!

    I enjoyed your post! You've been awhile in posting something! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to a wonderful sister!!! You are a very caring, kind, generous person who really loves God and your family!! May God bless you abundantly and fill you with His peace and joy today!!!!! I love you!
    love,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Rebecca,

    This is from your Brazilian sister:

    I pray that today will be a special day for you! May God fill you with His Spirit and bring much joy to your life! May He bless each one on your household and grow your family to become more and more like Jesus!

    Blessings, Neide Colson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting here via Elizabeth's blog. Happy belated birthday to you, Rebecca. I hope it was a blessed day with your family. Kathy

    ReplyDelete