Monday, September 28, 2009

Homemade Granola Bars...


Pa-Pa's Granola Bars:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 cups brown sugar
4 tablespoons honey
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups oats
2 1/2 cups rice crispy cereal
3 cups of any of the following: nuts, raisin, chocolate chips, dates, coconut, sunflower seeds
Directions:
1. Melt the butter and peanut butter together
2. Mix together the first 5 ingredients
3. Add the dry ingredients and mix well
4. Press into a greased jelly roll pan
5. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, until golden brown....don't over bake!


I love Granola Bars. Thanks dad for sharing your recipe! They came out GREAT! Because I used what I already had on hand, I substituted the chocolate version of Aldi's rice crispy cereal, and only added chocolate chips and raisins. I also added a few tablespoons of Karo syrup to make the bars "stick" better. I am anxious to try them again.....but because I don't think they are very "figure friendly", I better wait for a while!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds very similar to a recipe I have. I'm sure they are Delicious!! Great with some hot chocolate on a cold, windy Ohio afternoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like time for a new post . . . .

    ReplyDelete