Thursday morning Burlin, Audrey, Ben, and I started our morning at Bob Evans! Anna and Abigail were to be at the school at 6:30! Of course, it was a bit too early for me to eat....so I just had some coffee! I also read over my manual on how to use the new camcorder. Then I went to the "Y" to watch the girls first game against LCCA, Burlin had to do scoreboard at the school, and Ben had his duties to tend to.
I was quite "stretched" during the tournaments watching my girls play volleyball, running outside to see some soccer, and helping serve in both concessions and the hospitality room. Burlin spent most of the two days at the score table, running clock and making announcements.
Our JV girls played great!! They won their games Friday night, then lost on Saturday morning.....but, with double elimination they were able to work their way back up to win first place!! The games were so exciting and dramatic! Unfortunately, I had to work concessions during their last three games (against Bucyrus), so I missed Anna make a great spike for the winning point!
With Anna's health problems this year, she has really struggled through playing volleyball. But, she loves the game, and one day hopes to coach. She is having to learn what it means to ignore how she "feels" and just "do" what needs done. I am so thankful that God allowed her to be one of the girls chosen for the "JV all-tourney team"....she was so thrilled (and so was mama!)
Unfortunately, I missed most of soccer! The only good news (for me anyway) is Ben doesn't get to play very much on the older team. The boys also won first place! And took the sportsmanship trophy! I tried a few times to videotape the game, but between my hands shaking from the cold and not being able to keep up with the ball......it didn't come out very well!! I will have to work on my skill level for next season!
The girls range from 7th -11th grades!
The boys Varsity Soccer Team
I had to laugh at Ben in this picture....normally he is very camera shy, but he found his way to the front for this one!!
My video clips must be too large to post, so I will have to find another way to share those!
Wow! Congratulations are in order! I am so excited for your guy and gals! Way to go LCA! :)
ReplyDelete