
We finally visited the Rock Garden in Wapak! I took Anna, Audrey, Ben, and Analei for some climbing, exploring and pictures. The weather has been so beautiful that we couldn't resist the opportunity. It was a fun place to run and play, especially with all the pathways, piles of rocks waiting to be climbed, and excellent hiding spots! It is an interesting place. It is actually a private residence, but the backyard has literally been turned into a rock "garden", and is open to the public.
However, like Paul, my spirit was "provoked" as I observed more closely the landscaping.
Acts 17:16 "Now while Paul was waiting for them at Athens, his spirit was being provoked within him as he was observing the city full of idols"

Living in America, we really haven't been exposed to "physical" idols. It often seems like an "abstract" concept to my children as we discuss the idol worship mentioned in the Bible. I know that we can still have "idols" today which hinder our relationship with God, such as laziness, sleep, sports, entertainment, etc.. But, to actually visualize different man made "gods" was really eye-opening.
This being said, we did enjoy our visit, took lots of pictures, but left with a "heavy" heart.
Here are some picture highlights:







Believe it or not, that was a "self portrait".....she really is too good at that!!




Many of these idols also had cups or bowls beside them....





Having a Ford Van, I found this humorous myself........f.o.r.d.....found on road dead..
.

What an interesting place!! I really liked your post and the intriguing pictures. Thanks for sahring how your spirit was provoked by the spirit in this place! Yes, you are right - if the Lord has given you a burden for this man, you do need to follow up on it! I encourage you to do so! You never know . . . . I found it interesting that while I was reading your post, "Bow the Knee" was playing on your blog! We must truly be careful to whom or to what we bow the knee! Thought-provoking post! Thanks for sharing this experience on a both a surface level and a deeper level. Hey, when you write the man, share the scripture about building your house on a ROCK!! That should interest him very much!
ReplyDelete