Wow! I can't believe Anna is now 18!! Where have the years gone?
Usually we let the kids have a party or sleepover with their friends, but this didn't work out for Anna this year. This was very disappointing to her, so I was trying to make it a special day for her in other ways! Creativity is a challenge for me, but I am hoping that God will help me to improve in this area....maybe having a couple of creative daughters will enlighten me as well!
Roses for the birthday girl.........a tradition for the 18th birthday! We will have to think about a substitution for Ben in a few years!!
.
Anna's day started early as she had a safe driving class for teens from 8-12.
Then it was a stop at Wal-Mart for lunch (Mc Donald's in store) and shopping.
Earlier in the week I noticed my hair stylist was having a "cut-a-thon" to raise money for right to life.......$5 cuts..no wash or style!
This is Anna getting a trim....mostly getting the "dead ends" cut, her thick hair "thinned out", and "shaping up" the layers a bit.
I think this sums up her personality quite well!
Audrey bought this ribbon for Anna. She also bought her a crown and keychain.
Audrey is pinning on the ribbon..
Anna and Audrey played around in the studio for a while! Audrey is really getting into taking pictures.....and posing!
Time for an afternoon nap I guess!
We picked up Anna's friend, Krissy, from the Creamery and we went to A & W for some rootbeer floats! Don't worry...........we also bought a gallon of Creamery ice cream to eat at home later that night!!
Audrey wanted Anna to wear her crown all night............but she wasn't very cooperative about it!!
Anna chose pizza from Padrones for her special dinner, and peanut butter pie or Creamery ice cream (or both) for dessert! She also wanted her grandparents to come spend her special night with her.
I had been looking to purchase photoshop cs4, but was not sure I would be successful! After several bidding attemps, I finally won one on ebay, and would you believe it actually arrived on her birthday!!!
Fortunately, Anna also received money from her both grandparents, as she only had one gift from us to open! I'm sure she is okay with that considering she has been wanting this new, and I must add very complicated, picture editing program!
Happy Birthday Anna! I hope we were able to make this a special day!






This is an awesome post! I LOVE all the pictures! It looks to me like Anna must have felt like a queen with a birthday celebration like that! Tell her that due to extenuating circumstances that poor Tay still has not received a birthday present or had his birthday cookout!!! :( We did go to Brusters for ice cream on his day, which we are glad of now, since none of our other plans fell into place!
ReplyDeleteI love the picture you have of Anna at the beginning. It definitely shows her personality. God has made her wonderfully unique for the special purpose He has for her life!
Just re-read this post and enjoyed it! :) Cute pics of Anna! How can Bur sleep with all of that weight on him???? LOL!
ReplyDelete