Burlin's aunt has three, very productive, cherry trees on her land. Burlin's mom called one morning to see if I would want to come pick cherries with her. Ben and Audrey tagged along to help.
I should have taken a picture while we were picking....but we were all on ladders trying to reach the huge clusters (that always grow better just out of reach), while grandma stayed on "ground" level.
Don't these look delicious?? Two trees were loaded with red cherries, and one with yellow cherries: they were both super sweet!! Ben ate his breakfast off the tree while he picked. I ate a few, but then the thought of eating a worm entered my mind, and I quickly stopped!
Here is a look at the "fruit" of our labor! I brought home one large bucket full, plus two full bags! (Burlin's mom took home about the same amount.)
After a morning of hard work, it was time to reward Ben and Audrey with some fun!
Ben remembered this is the aunt with a go-cart and four wheeler....I'm sure that is why he was so eager to help!
I was surprised to see Ben let Audrey take a turn in front.....of course he didn't totally relinquish control as he still steered for her!
They were having a great time. I think they especially enjoyed crossing the creek to the side of the property. When I found out that a four wheeler can run all day before running out of gas.....I knew I would have to try and flag them down after a few more passes! They would have preferred staying there all day, but we did have cherries to "pit". Audrey went home with grandma to help, and Ben and I headed home. With so many cherries, I was quite happy to share the wealth with a few friends! I thought about trying to make cherry jelly, but ended up just freezing them, and making cherry cobbler for dessert!
recipe and photo courtesy of tasteofhome.com

Great post! I loved the pictures! They were so colorful! Your cherries look so yummy! and Cherry cobbler -- wow! It looks Delectable! Did it taste as good as it looked??? I loved the pics of Ben and Audrey on the four wheeler! I"m sure they had a ton of fun and were very helpful too!
ReplyDelete