Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Looking Glass Falls


Looking Glass Falls
Located off rt. 276 near Brevard









There were people actually wading right under falls and sitting on the surrounding rocks.  But, Burlin said the force of the water was already strong where they were wading....he wasn't going any closer!

So, we found calmer water that they could both swim in and look for "treasures" (by the way, the kids were all instructed not to pick up any snakes while in SC!)

I think this is Looking Glass Creek







Burlin and Ben waded too far away for me to stand on dry ground and get their pictures!  We went home with several bags of rocks to add to our growing collection at home! 




I took this picture for myself....I just love pictures of winding paths!  They look so inviting!
It was a great afternoon trip to the mountains!  We love visiting places that demonstrate God's beauty and design in creation.  I hope nanny was able to get some needed rest while we were gone, and it was a great place to cool off on a hot and humid day! 

2 comments:

  1. Pretty falls! I'm glad your family had so much fun exploring while in Greenville!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool was that place!! The kids were having a great time. I'm surprised helmets weren't required!!:) My boys would have loved those rocks!!

    ReplyDelete