Monday, June 1, 2009

Saturday Morning Bike Ride!!

Saturday morning Burlin and I went for a "short" bike ride! Not too far from our home is the Rotary River Walk - a linear trail linking several parks together. We have always wanted to check it out, so we had a Saturday morning "date". It is a very beautiful path, much of it following the Ottawa River. Unfortunately, we biked about 7.5 miles only to find the trail wasn't totally completed, so we had to turn around. It is scheduled to be completed in the fall and will be 12 miles in length. It was a great way to start the morning, and the weather was perfect! We will definitely go again sometime soon!


This was just one of many turtles out "sunbathing"........Audrey would have loved it (her pet turtle died in March and she is hoping to find another one this summer)

We thought this was a cute "family"




With Anna's love of photography, I am always on the lookout for what we call "photo-ops".....this is just one of those I thought she might be interested in checking out



These two pictures were taken at an "abandoned stone quarry".....it looks like the extra cement mixtures are being dumped there, but it makes an interesting effect


Well, I am not sure I really captured the morning, but it was quite enjoyable! Of course, the downside of the experience was having no energy left when we returned home.....I must admit a few chores were left "undone", and I was a bit sore the rest of the day, but it was worth it!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! The pictures are great!~ I love the pic of Bur on his bike watching that adorable little family cross the path! Great job! You have a wonderful blog! I really enjoy the glimpses into your daily life!

    ReplyDelete