Friday, July 10, 2009

Audrey Goes to Camp Peniel


Well, after a year of waiting, the day finally arrived.....Audrey was able to attend a week at Peniel Bible Camp! She has been so excited to go!!
Believe it or not, they have their own blog as well! I don't think I have seen any pictures of Audrey yet, but it is still neat to look at what they are doing anyway.


This is the group of girls from our church that I drove to camp! They were all anxious to get to their cabins, so this is the only picture I was able to take! I had hoped to get a picture of Audrey in her cabin next to her bed, but she was too excited to get playing, and did not care to pose for one more picture!


I love their sign! This is the backside of the entrance sign (see top of blog for a picture I downloaded....I had traffic backing up behind me, so I didn't get out to take a picture).



This is entering into the "main" camp area..



I forget the name of this building, but inside is a bookstore, game room, and food area.




The clean, crystal blue, and inviting lake.........haha.....there is swimming, boating, and fishing available



This is the "nurses station". Hopefully, Audrey won't need to visit here! I think it is Abigail's "second home" during camp!






There is a small playground available.




This is the "luxury" bathroom accommodation.....




These last two pictures are of Audrey's cabin! I love how they are nestled in the woods....
I love the drive to PBC.....it is just beautiful! It is funny how "hilly" Ohio is once you get out of the Lima area! The camp is located in Fredericktown, Ohio, and I get to drive through Kenton (Amish area), Marion, Chester, and several other small towns! I enjoy the Amish farms along the way, and this trip I actually saw two Amish "buggies". The camp is a little too "rustic" for some, but my children have all loved it there.....well, with the exception of Amber! I pray that God will use this week to work in Audrey's heart, and it will be a "spiritually profitable" experience!

2 comments:

  1. I like the picture of the dinner bell best!@! :) Looks like a neat camp! When I saw the picture of the cabin, all I could think of was the old movie Parent Trap with Haley Mills! I hope Audrey has a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of this camp. It looks really good! Our church is searching for a more conservative camp like this one. I got on their site and looked a little. It looks like a great place!

    ReplyDelete