The "pretty" orange one....in case you can't remember which one is Cornflake..
We aren't positive what happened as the lid was still on, but the rock was not on top, so we guess he "escaped" by pushing the lid up enough to slither out. Needless to say, my to-do-list wasn't going to get done that day! In fact, I spent all morning "deep cleaning" the upstairs! Now, I know it needed done anyway, (and no, I didn't take any pictures.......but I should have just to see everything so clean and organized if only for a short time!), but I really had other things I needed or wanted to do is all! Not to mention the thought of a lost snake in the house! We couldn't find it anywhere.....in fact we thought it must have crawled into one of the vents, or the basement, and we just went on with what was left of the day.
Funny thing: Anna went to bed later that night, and you could hear the scream "miles away"! The snake was in her bed!! As Burlin said, "It couldn't have happened to a better person!!"
I don't know what to say about this post! I'm almost speechless!!
ReplyDeleteI mean I just can't imagine having a snake loose in my house and not knowing where it was!!! And then to have it turn up in someone's bed! Oh! my! Word!
However, to think of Anna's reaction upon finding a snake in HER bed is really too funny for words! :) If only you had a video of that -- I'm sure you could win the prize on America's funniest home videos! :)
My boys love snakes too! I try not to get too close :) They have found a lot of garter snakes in our yard. Their favorite thing however is frogs! We live beside a creek and they find huge bullfrogs and try to make them into pets.
ReplyDelete