Sunday, October 25, 2009

Junior High Tournaments

Saturday, we had junior high soccer and volleyball tournaments in Bucyrus. It has been an enjoyable season, but I am so glad it is nearly over! We have one more week to go, and that will be it until next year. Unfortunately, Anna's camera is not functioning properly, and I was unable to get any volleyball pictures....shutter speed not fast enough for the gym lighting. The girls played well their first match, and won. They lost their second match, but because it is double elimination they had a chance to come back and win. Our volleyball girls do have a "flare" for the dramatic, and they have come back from a loss to win tournaments in the past. However, it was not meant to be this time, and they were eliminated from the competition after losing their second game. They did win the sportsmanship trophy.

I was able to watch most of the soccer matches. There was a little bit of overlap, but I "braved" the elements to catch what I could. Outside conditions were not favorable, but could have been worse....about 50 degrees and rain....this seems to be an annual "tournament tradition"! The boys took first place in soccer!

I should have taken a picture of all the chairs lined up along the side of the field....filled with parents covered with blankets and umbrellas....but, then I would have had to leave the warmth of my own "blankie", so I just took some pictures from my chair! Anna was home, so mom had to assume the role of photographer....

Here are some random pictures of the soccer game:






This is Ben...number 7






























The players on the side lines look so cold!







4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the big win for the soccer team!!! Any goals for Ben?

    Sorry that the girls didn't get to carry away any "hardware" this year. Better luck next season!

    I know you will be glad for a break!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. October 27th -- Happy, Happy Birthday! This is your special day! Happy, Happy Birthday! Take some time to play! :)

    I love you! I hope your day is very special and holds some fun surprises!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Rebecca!! I "met" your sister Elizabeth through a Homesat group and just recently discovered her blog. She checked my blog out and thought maybe I lived near you (we're north of you). I then looked at your blog a few weeks ago. I really like it! I was intending to leave you comments soon. There's no time like the present--especially when it's your birthday!! Your blog is very refreshing and I love your dedication to living a Christian life. May God richly bless on your special day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Rebecca, straight from Brazil. I, too, praise the Lord for the privilege that He allowed me to have you as a "sister". Even though we are miles apart and even though we haven't seen each other for a long, long time... I still call you my "American sister".

    Blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete