After lunch, Ben and Josh went out to scrape up what snow they could to throw snowballs!
Because Ben was to take a test after church, we drove two cars to the evening service. Burlin rode with Anna to give her some driving experience on the snowy roads, and he let me drive the truck (four wheel drive!)
The highlight of Josh's day must have been getting to drive the truck home from church .....in the snow! The roads were very snow covered, icy, and slippery too, and it was difficult to see well with the frozen wipers, "slush" spraying onto the windshield, and the darkness. I was a bit uneasy sitting in the backseat of the car with Anna driving.....but, she did very well. I'm hoping it wasn't just because I was in the car, but she drove much slower than her normal! Of course Burlin rode with Josh. He was thrilled that he was allowed to drive.....the truck......in the snow!!
Monday:
After a late and lazy morning, Ben, Josh, and Abigail rode with me to the grocery store for some much needed grocery items! On the way home, we stopped by church to pick up Ben's winter coat as he left it Sunday (someone is always forgetting something!) The Hamblen family was there playing volleyball. Josh was allowed to join in, but didn't have his tennis shoes with him, so he stayed while I drove home to get shoes! Well, by the time we drove home (which was a little slower than normal due to the road conditions), Ben tended to his belly, and drove back....they were through playing!! How disappointing! But, he was able to play a little indoor soccer ("sock-footed") with them before they quit.
Monday evenings our church has a men's Bible Study/basketball outreach. Josh and Ben went to that, and I think they both had a good time. Unfortunately for them, Anna picked them up a little earlier than they wanted as she had somewhere she wanted to be......but, they didn't complain!
Tuesday:
Our morning started out much earlier than any of us planned! Burlin's sister, Sue, needed us to keep her twins, TJ and Shelby (Audrey's age) for the day so she could take her older daughter, Jordan, to see Tim in the hospital in Columbus (he is the one battling stomach/esophageal cancer). She was supposed to come around 10:30, but instead arrived around 9:30! Needless to say, she woke everyone up with her arrival!
I spent the first part of the morning getting supper started. I planned to make Sweet and Sour Pork, so I wanted to at least get the meat fried before starting any activities. Of course, that gave everyone time to eat some breakfast and clean up a little.
We went sledding at the reservoir. The snow was "sparse", but it was still able to provide some thrill and excitement.




This is how Amber and Anna passed their time....(they don't like sledding much)
Josh, Amber, and Anna waiting for the others to get done:
After sledding, Ben and Josh went to basketball practice. After practice, Joel and Jesse came over to help Burlin move some equipment in the barn.......well, more like Burlin providing direction, and Josh, Joel, Jesse, and Ben providing the muscle! They were rewarded with a great dinner though! Needless to say, I think Josh was exhausted as he was in bed by 8:00! No one even ate the warm cinnamon rolls I made for dessert!!
Some videos for your enjoyment:
Great Post!! I loved seeing all the pictures! Haven't had time to watch the videos yet -- I've got to get this show on the road if I'm going to make it to Mom and Dad's today!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like Josh is having Fun with his Cousins! Thanks for your great "southern hospitality" up there in Ohio! :) I'm sure I will hear about this trip for many days . . .