Thursday, February 11, 2010

February Snows............

Our house, two snow storms and about a foot of snow later.....................(sorry you missed it Josh!) :)









Believe it or not, I have actually enjoyed the snow!!!!! :) Of course, I haven't been driving anywhere, and that makes a difference. The kids have had the last two days off from school. They have enjoyed sleeping in, playing in the snow, eating snow ice cream.......while I have made several batches of homemade cookies and hot chocolate, dried several loads of wet snowsuits and gloves, and mopped up tons of snow/water off the floor! I must admit, I have enjoyed the sleeping in part too!!

The first batch of snow was very wet and heavy. It also was extremely windy, so there were problems with drifting. It was funny to look at our yard and see spots where there was just a skim of snow over the grass, then there were sections where the the snow would be to my knees! Because it was such a heavy snow it made shoveling quite strenuous (my morning work out I decided..). It was also too much strain on the small tractor we have (which meant more exercise...). This second round has been more light and powdery. So shoveling went much faster (and easier) this time!

Here are pictures of the snow fort Ben, Abigail, and the neighbor boy Gage were making ( it didn't quite get finished before Audrey crashed the roof in):













This must be after the top fell in............



Audrey and Ben also built a small fort out front in one of the piles made from shoveling the driveway:

I asked Audrey to take some random pictures for me of the snow:











Not sure why Ben looks so tired here......................











Pictures of Yoda:

Pictures of the cats: ("pookey" and "lifesaver"



















Anna posing for Abigail!




This is her cat "pookey"
Well, hope you have enjoyed a "sampling" of our Ohio winter!! :) Since we have six more weeks (or more) to go, there may be more winter wonderland to enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That snow fort sure looked like fun!!! Too bad the roof caved in! I enjoyed looking at all of your pictures of snow and ice -- from my warm and dry house! :) That is the best way to enjoy snow! Can you believe they are calling for snow down here in SW GA? If so, I will be sure to post some pictures! It won't loook like your winter wonderland though!

    ReplyDelete