This year Burlin and I went camping in Hocking Hills for our anniversary! It was totally awesome! It is so enjoyable to get away and enjoy God's unique and vast creation, and I am continually amazed at the beauty..... even in Ohio!
Because we left later than planned on Thursday evening, we drove an hour away to Indian Lake for the night. Our campsite was right next to the water, and it was so quiet and peaceful.......other than the pesky mosquitoes! We thought we might do some fishing, but we were both tired, so we had a fancy dinner consisting of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (much more enjoyable around a campfire), and then tried to get some sleep......a little more difficult without the air mattress!
After finding an available campsite, we set up camp and then made a quick stop to Grandma Faye's - the local (and only) grocery and/or restaurant facility. While waiting on our sandwiches, we bought a few groceries, and then enjoyed our lunch at the picnic tables outside! A great place to look at the brochures and plan our itinerary. We decided to spend as much time as possible hiking the trails. I took tons of pictures, but they really don't do justice to the beauty displayed! Sometimes it can be so difficult to fully capture all of the splendor of Creation. Of course, Anna's camera would have worked better.....but I didn't want that responsibility, so I borrowed Audrey's!
Old Man's Cave:
A funny story! (Well, to our family anyway.) We tease Burlin that we can't go anywhere in Lima where he doesn't know someone! Well, would you believe, he met another LMH employee on the trail?? We saw each other throughout the day on the various trails! I just thought it was too funny, so I had to share!
Nice post! Glad you were able to get away for your anniversary! a big shout out to Amber and Anna! Loved these pictures! Alan is like Burlin . . . he also sees someone wherever he goes! Too funny!
ReplyDelete