Turkey
Dressing (Neenie's recipe)
Sweet Potato Casserole
Green Bean Casserole
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Cooked Carrots
Homemade Bread (herb and cheese)
Pumpkin Bread (Ours' recipe)
Followed by the dessert selection:
Caramel Apple Pie (which sadly didn't turn out right this year.....lesson on humility for sure!)
Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin Roll (my personal favorite)
Peanut Butter Pie
I can't believe I forgot to take pictures of my beautiful table....decorated with a new, fall tablecloth, fine china dishes, and candles!
I am trying to spend a little more money and effort on seasonal decorating (this is a big stretch for me!) But, I want the home to be a little more special for everyone, and hope that these added touches will show them they are loved!
Pictures from the weekend:
Elizabeth sent me a craft idea..........this is how it turned out! (The camera setting must have been on black and white...so you can't see the colors of the fall leaves!)
This has turned out to be fun, because I can change out the decorations around the candles to match the season!
Cute picture of Abigail and Tubby!
We did not grill out for Thanksgiving day, but we did grill steaks over the weekend! The weather was unbelievably mild, and I couldn't resist grilling out!!
Amber cooking her favorite dish...Macaroni and Cheese!
Amber making a pumpkin roll!
Surprisingly, I was able to sneak a picture of Ben!
We enjoyed playing lots of games over the weekend!
We celebrated Christmas early this year, as we were spending Christmas weekend at Nanny's! It has been many years since the last Christmas celebrations there, so we were all excited about it!
It was a little "different" and awkward at first, but we were quickly overcome by the joy and fun that accompanies both gift giving and receiving!
Abigail was so excited to give her daddy this special coffee cup!
A guitar was the only item on Abby's "wish list" for this year!
I think Tubby had too much celebrating for one day!


No comments:
Post a Comment