Sunday, May 24, 2009
Homemade Bread
Yesterday, I baked homemade bread! I must have been a little ambitious as I began experimenting. As I have mentioned before, our favorite fast food restaurant is Subway. Burlin's favorite bread flavor is Italian herb and cheese. So, I thought I would try to copy it for myself. I followed my normal bread recipe, but when I "punched down" the dough for the first time, I separated the dough into two parts: one for my regular recipe, and one for the experiment. I then added basil, oregano, thyme, and Parmesan cheese to the dough and let rise again. When I put the dough in the pans, I sprinkled the top with cheese! This was the result:

Burlin said it was excellent! Next time, I think I will try to make actual sub buns instead of loaves! It has been a while since I have made bread, and it was so moist and delicious with our lunch today........spiral baked ham, baked potatoes, salad, and green beans! I now have a renewed excitement to make bread this summer....experimenting with different varieties! Soup bowls are also fun to make and fill with my favorite soup recipe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your bread looks delicious! it is fun to be creative when we have the time and energy! How do you make soup bowls?? I'd love to try that. Please post the instructions!!!!
ReplyDeleteActually it is a "trial and error" each time I try them. I use a jellyroll pan; then I try to form them in "oversized" hamburger buns. I usually get them either too big or too small at first, but then fal into a "rhythm"! Just try it sometime!
ReplyDelete