Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day


As I am posting about how my family celebrated Memorial Day, my thoughts have taken a twist. We celebrate this special day because of the sacrifices of the many brave soldiers that gave their all so we could be free in America. Though I know I take this for granted daily, I am thankful to those that have fallen through the years to protect this great country, as well as myself. It is sad to see how little Americans appreciate or even desire these freedoms, and it is frustrating to those of us who still care to see these freedoms slowly "chipped away" in front of our eyes. This is a reminder to me of how much I also take for granted the great sacrifice that Christ made for me as He shed His blood for my sin. He gave His all that I might be free from the bondage of sin, and yet, how quickly, and easily, I allow the things of this world to "chip away" at my faith in, and love for, my Saviour. Though the sacrifices of our American soldiers have been many through the years, there is no greater sacrifice than that of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. For my earthly freedoms are only temporal, but my freedom from sin and life with God, that is eternal! As I watch my country literally change before my eyes, as I witness the increasing attacks on Christianity and individual freedom and liberty, may I be ever more vigilant to strengthen my relationship with God, that my faith not waver!

1 comment: