Burlin has always wanted to try making root beer! When we were in Eastern Ohio,
we bought some root beer extract. Then he browsed eBay, buying bottles, lids, and something called a "bottler". Tonight, he made our first batch!
Homemade Root Beer:
Ingredients:
8 cups white gran. sugar (WOW! - definitely not a diet friendly drink)
1/2 teas. powdered yeast
1 bottle root beer extract (4 0z)
5 gallons lukewarm water
Directions:
Mix sugar and yeast well. Do not soak yeast. Add 5 gallons of water and root beer extract. Mix well and pour into 1/2 gallon sterilized bottles immediately. Fill bottles within 1/2" of the top and turn lids on tight. Place bottles in warm spot. The product should be ready to drink in 2 days, then keep in refrigerator.
These are the bottles he ordered...I think he purchased 24 of them.
These are the cute bottle caps he found....
Burlin concentrating on pouring ....he complains my ladle is for right handed users...
The finished product! We are anxious to try it, but as the directions said, it has to sit for 2 days first! We ended up with 24 bottles, plus two 1 gallon jugs! Great job, Burlin!
Very Interesting!!! I'm a little curious about how this root beer is going to taste!! And how potent it is going to be . . . Also, I can't help but wonder if your pastor knows that Bur is in the brewery business now . . . . :)
ReplyDeleteSorta reminds me of the Baldwin Sisters and their father's "recipe." LOL!!
I see that you got your new background up without any problem! It is really CUTE! :) Good job!!!!!!
I love the new header picture!!! Is that bench in your yard? I love it!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete