My main prayer for this school year is that God would work in the hearts of my children: that He would open their eyes to the sin in their hearts (and repent), and that they would learn what it means to love Him fully (and therefore would submit to His will in their lives.)
The school year often brings many challenges: academically, emotionally, and spiritually. May we accept each one from the hands of a loving God, and look for the lessons to be learned!
There is a strange emotion that accompanies a new school year, and we each tend to set these "great and lofty goals" for ourselves....(new year...new start). May we "not grow weary in well doing; for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."
Some pictures taken the morning of the first day of school!
Audrey was so eager to get to school.......wonder how long that will last???
Wow! Ben is starting 7th grade.....which is in the high school learning center....which explains shirt and tie uniform......I don't think he really likes the new look!
Ben didn't really want to pose for a picture, so Anna was helping him "warm up" to the camera!! (She was just in a hurry to leave I think...and I told them they couldn't leave until I took some pictures!)
Anna is excited about getting to drive to school this year! (mom has different emotions about that, but I have to learn to "let go" eventually I guess!)
Please pray that God would bless this school year, and that He would bring "revival" not just in my own heart, but in Burlin's, and in our children's.
On a side note: Our first games were Friday, and both the jh and jv volleyball teams won!! The soccer games were cut short due to bad weather....I am not sure who was ahead on the varsity team, and the jh team was unable to play.
I loved the pictures! Everyone looked so rested and healthy and sun-tanned after the summer break! Poor Ben -- it must be tough to have to wear a shirt and tie everyday to school! Being that uncomfortable is not even conducive to studying!!! But, he does look especially handsome! Next time Joe complains about wearing a school uniform, I will be sure to show him what your kids have to wear!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope it is a Wonderful year for your family -- academically, athletically and spiritually!!!
love you!
Elizabeth